Saturday, February 19, 2022

"I Do, I Do" revisited, introduction

So, as you may recall, the Revised Final Draft of "I Do, I Do" was very different than what aired.  I've now acquired the Rev. Shooting Script, which is from only five days later (Feb. 3, 1981), but as we know by now probably closer to what aired but likely still with noticeable differences.  I'll mostly be comparing this version to what aired, but I will note some changes from the earlier draft.  First though, have some wardrobe notes:







At the time of the earlier draft, the girls' apartment was on the set list, although there was no actual scene in that setting, but it looks like the boys by this point were supposed to show up there, presumably in the Tag (Scene E).  I love the little scarf drawings. 

Also, at the time of the previous version, they had not yet cast Noone (misspelled above) and Idle, but they must've in the meantime, which may or may not have influenced wardrobe.  Poor Stephen Bishop as Malcolm gets no actual wardrobe notes yet, but he'd end up wearing a similar outfit to Eric and Peter.  Mr. Ernie is the minister at the bingo chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...