Wednesday, October 20, 2021

"The Bully Show" script introduction

So, when I originally reviewed this episode a couple years ago, not having seen it since at least the '80s, I had no idea how controversial it was/is in the fandom.  I have since seen it a couple times, including unedited on VHS, and I might drop from a B- to a C+, but there are still things I like about it.  I have a copy of the Rev. Shooting Script, dated September 26, 1978, five weeks before the episode aired, with enough time for changes.  Whether these are for the worse or better, you will see.  But for now, I'm just going to post the pre-script stuff, like wardrobe notes:

First up though, a list of the extras:

I'm assuming that these were the regular background players, but I don't have other lists to compare them to for brewery scenes.  As for the speaking characters, we have Richard Crystal as Paulie and Daniel J. Foster as Jimmy.  They will be in Scene A, but not onscreen.








No real surprises here, although at least we get to see what Paulie and Jimmy would've worn.  And, yes, they work at Shotz, as you'll see next time....

2 comments:

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...