Friday, October 15, 2021

"Playing the Roxy," Scenes E and H

Scene E is set in the "girls' bedroom - later that night" and it's intact onscreen.  Scene H  is set in the "girls' apartment - moments later."  They dropped Laverne's opening line, "You didn't remember.  You were just teasin' me.  I should've taken it off when I was up there."  They also left out her saying, "Stay well, Carmine," right before he leaves.  Other than that, there are no changes.

The basic script was here by this point, although there are some changes in tone, and I'd at least have liked to have had the Vegas fantasy, not least because it would lend more support to Shirley's accusation in Scene E that Laverne would rather have Roxy as a roommate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...