Monday, November 9, 2020

"Penny Marshall & Cindy Williams" book, Photo Group No. 3

A group of photos of the "girls" with a bit of the "boys":


Berman's caption: "Cindy has always been popular in Hollywood, because of her perky sense of humor.  Here she makes friend and co-star David Lander break up easily with her witty jokes."

My caption:  "David L. Lander puts his arm around Cindy and tries not to think about all the hate mail this'll get him."



Berman's caption: "The actors and actresses who play Lenny and Squiggy and Laverne and Shirley are good friends both on and off the TV screen.  The smiling foursome attended the 1976 Emmy together.  From left are Michael McKean, Penny, David Lander and Cindy."

My caption: "Penny, David, and Cindy share their amusement at Michael McKean's remark that they need to pair off by height."



Berman's caption: "The duo that plays together, stays together.  Penny and Cindy were an enthusiastic part of the show's softball team.  What they lacked in batting expertise, they made up for in loud cheers."

My caption: "Penny and Cindy are accomplished stuntwomen but we're including a picture of them in softball uniforms because that's cuter."




Berman's caption: "Cindy's a pushover for any homeless animal—"

Squiggy: Hello.

4 comments:

  1. NOO I want a bigger shot of the softball team. Michael and Phil played on it (and Gary!) but David surprisingly did not.

    "We always had to stand together so they could have a picture for the family album!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos aren't great (and I'm taking photos of the photos with my phone, so that doesn't help), and I wish they were in color, but for a paperback that cost $1.75 in 1976 money, they could be worse. I remember you putting group shots of the team on Twitter. I wonder why David didn't play.

      Sure, Michael, sure.

      Delete
    2. That was my question! But yep, it was just Penny, Cindy, Phil and Michael and Gary. And yep! Those are the nicest shots I have of them thus far.

      Delete
    3. But wasn't it a nine-person team? Who else was on it? Crew-members?

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...