Friday, May 28, 2021

"It's in the Water," Scene H

It's the girls' apartment again, but "the next night":

LENNY AND SQUIGGY ARE SITTING AT THE KITCHEN TABLE WITH LAVERNE.  THERE IS A PIZZA BOX ON TABLE.  THEY ARE SHARING A PIZZA.

SQUIGGY
So the plumber says to the coed...  "I don't know, lady, it's your sink."

LAVERNE
Yeah?

SQUIGGY
You don't get it?

LENNY
Of course she don't get it.  You left out the sound effects.

LENNY DOES NOISE.

LAVERNE
I don't wanna hear them.  It was funny.  Ha ha.

LENNY
Thanks for the pizza.  We better get goin'.

The filmed version leaves this out and starts with Laverne thanking the guys for the pizza. 

They omitted Lenny saying, "Bullpies," after Laverne says Shirley was meeting Gessler at the brewery.  Lenny worrying that Laverne is sick and needs to go to the hospital was added.

My main thoughts are that I kind of wish Squiggy's dirty punchline made it in, and I like it better that the filmed boys brought Laverne the pizza to comfort her, rather than her having to feed them. 

5 comments:

  1. Yep, it works better that the boys care for her and are trying to talk her into "heavy floating" which I'm guessing made it into the show intact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenny: Hey, how about it, Laverne? You and Shirley in the mood for some heavy floating?

      Delete
    2. Oh my God <3 That works better as a Squig line.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, but I like that it's Lenny hitting on Laverne.

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...