Tuesday, March 16, 2021

"How's Your Sister?", Scene E

We go back to Laverne's apartment, the next day.  The first page made it in with very minor changes in phrasing, but this was omitted after Carmine says he has to say something:

SQUENDELYN
Yes?

CARMINE
I...

SQUENDELYN
Yes?

CARMINE
Yesterday at the party, I...

And this was left out after Squen says that Squiggy picked the right man to show her a good time:

SQUENDELYN
...You made me feel special last night.  You made me feel like a real woman.

CARMINE
That's cause you are a real woman.

SQUENDELYN
You ain't so bad yourself, ya Big Ragoo.

After Carmine says he'll start singing the minute Squen gets on the plane, Squen onscreen says she'll fly with the windows open, while in the script it's less of a punchline, as she says, "Oh, you're so romantic."

Act Two ends with their exit.

I can see why these exchanges were cut for time, but they make Carmine a bit more sympathetic.

8 comments:

  1. And good lord, did he need to look sympathetic by the end of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That this is far from the worst character assassination of S8 is pretty sad.

      Delete
    2. YEP. Like it's not Death Row or Monastery, but it's some of the worst Carmine stuff of the season AND series.

      Delete
    3. Indeed. But still better than the one where he accidentally punches Shirley for platonically dating Robert Alda.

      Delete
    4. YEP. That was horrific. And so was The Festival Part 2, at least for him.

      Delete
    5. The Festival doesn't bother me as much, maybe because I enjoy Lenny as the informer.

      Delete
    6. IDK, it's wayyy too much controlling!Carmine for me, different strokes tho!

      Delete
    7. Well, you've seen it more recently than I have, but it didn't stand out to me. No doubt it'll seem different listening to the pod, especially with Chris's Carmine-hatred.

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...