Thursday, January 14, 2021

"Watch the Fur Fly" script, Scene A

This episode aired the week after "Tar Pits" but this script is the Revised Shooting Script, from December 15, 1981, so I don't expect as many changes.

We start at the girls' apartment, at night.  The first three and a half pages are mostly intact.  The kiss is described as "a long one."  Note that Laverne calling Jeffrey "Gorgeous Jeff" was added (justifiably).  When they're on the couch, he was supposed to kiss her neck, but I just see a mouth-kiss.  Shirley was supposed to get a cup of cocoa rather than milk.  We did lose this exchange:

JEFFREY
Great.  I've been dying to meet a girl I could take to these things.  You could be my co-host.

LAVERNE
You mean like Ed McMahon?

JEFFREY
But much cuter.

Also, Jeffrey says that seven languages is one more than he speaks.  And there was this little omission:

JEFFREY
I'm gonna tell everyone I found a valley girl who speaks their language.

LAVERNE
Valley girl really...  I'm a little rusty.

JEFFREY
It'll come back to you.

And we lost the very last line of the scene, Shirley's "If I was Senorita Crane, I would have flunked her."

Ohmigod, Laverne is sooooo totally not a Valley Girl!  But the omissions here don't seem like they'd make or break the scene.

1 comment:

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...