Tuesday, November 17, 2020

"Not Quite South of the Border" script, Scene C

We go to the girls' cottage, minutes later.


SHIRLEY (O.S.)
I don't want my picture taken til [sic] I freshen up.

LAVERNE TAKES THE PICTURE.

SHIRLEY (CONT'D; O.S.)
Now I can't see a thing.

THE GIRLS ENTER AND TURN WITH THEIR BACKS TO THE ROOM.

FRICK
Here are your keys.  For your own safety, we recommend that you keep your door locked at all times.

This dialogue was left out and the scene begins with Laverne saying, "Gracias you, Mr. Frick."  Then just about everything made it in for the remaining five pages of the scene, with the exception of Shirley's reaction to the loss of their luggage, "This is a god-send.  It frees us from the anxiety of what to wear."  The goat trying to eat Laverne's candy bar was added.

There's nothing particularly bad or good about the scene as written or filmed.  This is the end of Act One, and I think it was the second half of the episode that disappointed me, but we'll see as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...