Monday, February 17, 2020

"Lost in Spacesuits"

Image result for "Lost in Spacesuits""Lost in Spacesuits"
October 26, 1982
C-

I don't know that this unfunny and uninteresting episode, Barry Rubinowitz's last, would've been better with Shirley, but maybe she would've perked up the Laverne's birthday party scene.  At least the wire-work is decent for its time.  This episode introduces Laverne's spacy (pun intended) coworker Chuck (Charles Fleischer, post-Welcome-Back-Kotter, pre-Roger-Rabbit), who'd be back three times.

6 comments:

  1. On rewatching this season, I actually ended up liking Chuck better than I remembered. Why I don't know, but I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll reserve judgment until I see if he's given better material.

      Delete
    2. He's not TOO bad in Jinxed but Jinxed is um. Unfortunate in many ways.

      Delete
    3. I see what you mean about "Jinxed," although I thought it was a definite improvement over "Death Row." (Fonzie visiting Laverne and jumping over a shark at Cowboy Bill's would've been an improvement over "Death Row.")

      Delete
    4. Oh yeah - Death Row is probably close to the show's nadir, but it gets worse as the season go on. At least you have "Buzzards" coming up, and Defective Ballet isn't too horrible.

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...