Monday, December 7, 2020

"The Duke of Squigmann" script, Scene D

It's back to the living room, still with continuous action.  On the episode, Squiggy mutters, "Mediterranean twit!", but in the script he remarks, "My, what a pleasant peasant," meaning Carmine in both cases.  His observation that Leonard has "good bone structure" is probably an ad-lib, as is calling him "a merry minstrel."

On the other hand, we lost Squiggy's line, "You woke me up to play a hundred and twenty-three questions.  What inconsideration."  And after Lenny denies seeing, knowing, etc. nothin', he was supposed to say, "And if I were you, I wouldn't tell anybody what I didn't see 'cause people'd think you're crazy, like I do."

The reprise of the lullaby after the "Hun shot" was added, as were some incidental lines.  But otherwise, for a four-page scene, it's not drastically different, especially compared to Scene A.  This is the end of Act One, and we'll see how different Act Two is as we continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...