Sunday, November 29, 2020

"Murder on the Moose Jaw Express" script, Scene L

Scene L must've been the dining car scene where Shirley is in old-man disguise.  There is no canonical explanation for how the girls managed this, but I'm guessing they raided other people's empty compartments.  (Shirley does have a line about Laverne doing all this with just a tweezer and an eyebrow pencil, but this is lampshading.)  Behind the scenes, Cindy probably had to spend a lot of time in make-up and wardrobe, so I can see why they would shoot the scene ahead of time, and then maybe play the scene on the monitors for the studio audience.  (I've been in studio audiences where something like this was done.)

Presumably, Scene L was written out in an earlier version of this script, but unless I get ahold of one, I have no idea how much it changed before shooting.  Based on the evidence so far, that probably wasn't much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...