Sunday, June 21, 2020

Excerpts from the "Chorus Line" script

Revised shooting script October 3, 1978.  The episode opens at the Pizza Bowl, with Frank instructing Edna about the Pizza Bowl.  I have absolutely no memory of this scene, including him explaining "stinky pie."  Fredna kiss.  Laverne comes in and thinks it's cute.

Frank refuses to loan Laverne fifty bucks to audition for West Side Story.  I vaguely recall this scene, like Laverne singing "I Love My Daddy," but I definitely don't remember Lenny & Squiggy singing "I Feel Pretty."

Jumping ahead to the tag on p. 32-33, Laverne is soaking her aching feet when Shirley comes home (from saving the buffalo).  Laverne nonetheless agrees to go dancing with Shirley and two guys.

Wow, I mostly remember the Toni Basil parts, and Carmine training Laverne.  The rest of this stuff is a blur, if it even got shot.

10 comments:

  1. The I Feel Pretty scene is in the syndie cut and in the DVD edit!

    I need to know if the boys coming in and asking Laverne if they're handsome is intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not on the preview of the script, and I'm not shelling out another $200 unless "Lenny's Crush" or "Sing Sing Sing" comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!

      Hee, I'm waiting for one of those, Debutante Ball or LBYL.

      Delete
    2. I noticed a copy of "Debutante Ball" sold in 2010. And "Lenny's Crush" in 2011.

      Delete
    3. I'm really curious about all the scripts now to be honest, but yes, the ones with Lavenny in them most of all.

      Delete
    4. Same, I had no idea what's in store for us in the unfilmed stuff.

      Delete
    5. "Tar Pits" is now on sale at eBay for $150 by the way.

      Delete
    6. God, I'm still tempted by that one.

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...