Monday, November 11, 2019

"Take My Plants, Please"

Image result for "Take My Plants, Please""Take My Plants, Please"
December 13, 1977
C-

This Marc-Sotkin-written episode is my least favorite of the series so far.  I couldn't get past my irritation at Shirley spending not only her own money but Laverne's to fill the apartment with houseplants that she expects to sell, especially when they had to scrimp and save for the Great Lakes cruise.  Even the thing with Lenny and Squiggy inventing a radio-toothbrush didn't make me smile.  I did like that Jeffrey (I think its name was), the dead iguana-whatsit from "Hi, Neighbor," is apparently being kept in Lenny's locker, as poor Boo Boo Kitty is in Shirley's (presumably not as a regular thing).  Note that Shirley charms Squiggy into buying a plant so of course Laverne convinces Lenny.  Oh, and this time Penny shows off her legs in shorts after playing baseball.

Ralph James, who plays the nameless Man, would the following season land his voiceover role of Orson on Mork & Mindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...