Monday, July 6, 2020

Revised Shooting Script of "The Monastery Show," Act Two, Scene H

I can't imagine what Scenes F and G would've been, since this is "Belfry - Evening," switching back and forth to the Pottery Room.  This scene is pretty much what you see onscreen, except with the additions of the bells specifically playing "Frere Jacques" and Sister Margaret's line "Look at me, I'm drooling!", which might've been Louise Lasser's ad-lib.  And the omission of this, from p. 27:

MOTHER SUPERIOR
Take it easy.  I'll go deal with Laverne, but first I better put you in the rubber chapel.  C'mon, you'll have a good time.  You'll have cloister cookies, your friends will visit you...

SISTER MARGARET
Don't take me to the rubber chapel.  What is the rubber chapel?

MOTHER SUPERIOR EXITS WITH MARGARET STILL RANTING AND PROTESTING.

I'm more curious about the "cloister cookies."

7 comments:

  1. Rubber chapel. Damn, it really could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary thought, huh? (Now I'm really curious about "Death Row.")

      Delete
    2. For instance, why was it a two-parter? What was left out and what was added? I might pay $200 for the set of scripts, but I'd have to see excerpts first.

      Delete
    3. Were the Lenny and Squiggy parts meant to be That Awful?

      Delete
    4. Maybe the Len & Squig parts were even worse to begin with and then MMK and DLL were able to improve them a little.

      Delete
    5. I will answer your question about Len & Squig next week....

      Delete

Angel Face

Once again, I'm reluctantly writing another non-obituary for a star of Laverne & Shirley .  Three times in just over three years is ...